Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bryan Adam Cds


I have never much a Bryan Adams, even though I have owned all his cds at sometime or another. Just about every cd he has one to three or four really great songs. I will crank a song of his up anytime I hear it. But listen to more than six or seven songs in a row, and then I start getting tired of him. So for him and other artist I like and but do not really listen to mush anymore, I do a condensed review

Cut Like A Knife (B+) First cd (tape then) I bought of his. His music seemed like the innocence of youth. Good production. Stand out songs are This Time, The Best Is Yet To Come, Cuts Like A Knife, and Straight From The Heart

Reckless (A+) Not a bad son on the cd, but stand outs are Summer Of 69, One Night Love Affair, Run To You, Heaven, and Somebody

Into The Fire (C-) Horrible production only hurts this lifeless performance and poor songs. Hearts On Fire, is the only song to stand out on this cd

Waking Up The Neighbors (A) is very close to being as good as Reckless. What keeps from being as good? Reckless had no bad songs, this one does. Don't Drop The Bomb and Depend On Me, are very weak songs, but not bad. Some really good standouts on this cd, some of his best to be exact. Can't Stop This Thing We Started, Thought I Died And Gone To Heaven, Do I Have To Say The Words, There Will Never Be Another Tonight, All I Want Is You, and Everything I Do (I Do It For You).

Live, Live, Live (B) All the hits are prior to Waking Up The Neighbors. Good honest production of the songs, but nothing really stands out.

18 Till I Die (B-) A real mismatch of songs. The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You, Lets Make A Night To Remember, You're Still Beautiful To Me, and Have You Ever Really Love A Woman, are the songs that stand out on this cd. But there are several week songs, and some songs that seem to be missing something to take them up a notch.

MTV Unplugged (B) Good to hear the songs in an unplugged setting, but done of them really take off on there on other than I Think About You and I'll Always Be Right There.

On A Day Like Today (C-) Boring songs with no hook to them to keep you coming back. How Do You Feel Tonight and On A Day Like Today save the cd from completely worthless.

Room Service (C) This cd is better than the last but it doesn't have anything to stand out on it. There is also a 2 disk import out called Room Service that I have, it is a hits and room service cd mixed together.

I have become so disillusioned with Bryan Adams, I have yet to pick up his new cd. Hopefully I will hear something on the radio that will catch my attention, and make me want to buy it. But for now, this is all the Adams I own.
If you get a chance check out these Bootlegs from Bryan Adams
Live From Hollywood 6/1/85 (A) great sound and set list from the Reckless tour
Warwick Castle 2002 (A-) Profressional recording for overseas radio release. Great sound, and desent set list
Live Around The World (A-) Recorded at different locations, sound quality is good, but you can tell difference from song to song.

No comments: